Definition of Palsgraves
1. Noun. (plural of palsgrave) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Palsgraves
1. palsgrave [n] - See also: palsgrave
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Palsgraves Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Palsgraves
Literary usage of Palsgraves
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of English Dramatic Poetry to the Time of Shakespeare: And by John Payne Collier (1879)
"For the palsgraves Company: A Tragedy called The Whore in Grain. 3 Mar. ... For the palsgraves Company: a Play called Humour in the End. 27 May. ..."
2. A Popular History of Germany from the Earliest Period to the Present Day by Wilhelm Zimmermann (1878)
"They both reckoned on the neutrality of the two palsgraves, as the chancellor of ... The three princes—the Landgrave of Hesse and the two palsgraves—thus ..."
3. A Sketch of the Germanic Constitution from Early Times to the Dissolution of by Samuel Epes Turner (1888)
"palsgraves of Ortenburg, the latter only in the title of the ... It is impossible to trace any connection between the palsgraves of this period and those of ..."
4. History of Federal Government in Greece and Italy by Edward Augustus Freeman, John Bagnell Bury (1893)
"Counts, Dukes, Koyal palsgraves, each class designed as a check on the ... Counts, Dukes, palsgraves, sovereigns. all gradually grew into sovereign Princes. ..."
5. Diary of Richard Cocks, Cape-merchant in the English Factory in Japan, 1615 by Richard Cocks, Sir Edward Maunde Thompson (1883)
"... stored up the palsgraves company to the like, but Capt. ... and wrot those lynes to the palsgraves company to have made them doe the like, but could not ..."
6. Commentaries on the Roman-Dutch Law by Simon van Leeuwen (1820)
"Of Counts, and their various Appellations. degrees then existing, were emperors, kings, and princes; -hikes, counts, margraves, and palsgraves. ..."
7. Mémoires de la Société Néo-philologique à Helsingfors by Uusfilologinen Yhdistys (1897)
"Zur Stütze der Möglichkeit, dass palsgraves eigene Aussprache in diesem Punkt nicht korrekt war, ... Überhaupt sind palsgraves Angaben über die franz. ..."
8. History of Germany by James Sime (1896)
"Provincial palsgraves.—One of the institutions of Otto which exercised considerable influence on the future of Germany was that of provincial ..."