Definition of P
1. Noun. A multivalent nonmetallic element of the nitrogen family that occurs commonly in inorganic phosphate rocks and as organic phosphates in all living cells; is highly reactive and occurs in several allotropic forms.
Generic synonyms: Chemical Element, Element
Substance meronyms: Apatite
Derivative terms: Phosphoric, Phosphorous
2. Noun. The 16th letter of the Roman alphabet.
Generic synonyms: Alphabetic Character, Letter, Letter Of The Alphabet
Definition of P
1. Letter. (Latn-def en letter 16 pee) ¹
2. Number. (Latn-def en ordinal 16 pee) ¹
3. Noun. park ¹
4. Noun. phone ¹
5. Noun. pager ¹
6. Noun. passenger ¹
7. Noun. (chess) Pawn. ¹
8. Noun. (context: slang chiefly US) A "pure" form of an illegal drug, especially heroin. ¹
9. Proper noun. (computing theory) The set of all problems that are solvable in polynomial time by a deterministic Turing machine ¹
10. Letter. (Latn-def en letter 16 pee) ¹
11. Number. (Latn-def en ordinal 16 pee) ¹
12. Abbreviation. post, meaning after ¹
13. Abbreviation. ''Music'' symbol for piano (play softly) ¹
14. Abbreviation. page (plural pp) ¹
15. Abbreviation. (U.K.) penny; pence. ¹
16. Abbreviation. (Internet) pretty (qualifier as an intensifier) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of P
1. Symbol for peta-; phosphorus; pressure or partial pressure; proline; product; power; frequently with subscripts indicating location and/or chemical species.
2. Followed by a subscript, 1) refers to the plasma concentration of the substance indicated by the subscript; 2) permeability constant.
3. A blood group designation.
4. Symbol for probability; when followed by the sign for "less than" (<) this indicates that a test statistic, e.g., a chi-square test gives a result unlikely to occur by chance.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: P Images