¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Oversensitivity
1. [n -TIES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oversensitivity Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oversensitivity
Literary usage of Oversensitivity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Assessing Psychopathology and Behavior Problems in Persons With Mental (1994)
"The revised instrument also has three factor-based subscales, designated as Physiological Anxiety, Worry/oversensitivity, and Social Concerns/Concentration. ..."
2. Child Victims and Witnesses: A Three-State Profile by Jane Crisp (1995)
"This pattern of scores was seen for all subscales of the RCMAS (Physiological anxiety, Worry/oversensitivity; Concentration) although the difference between ..."
3. The Legacy of Vietnam Veterans and Their Families: Survivors of War edited by Dennis K. Rhoades, Michael R. Leaveck, James C. Hudson (1996)
"... one (social problems) of the eight scales, as well as significant elevations on the physiological anxiety and worry/oversensitivity scales of the RCMAS. ..."
4. Biographical Memoirs by National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) (1909)
"The explanations of the oversensitivity of certain nerves of the eye to strong light, causing it to appear yellow ; the dullness of certain nerves to weak ..."
5. The Psychology of Childhood by Naomi Norsworthy, Mary Theodora Whitley (1918)
"On the psychic side we may notice eccentricity, oversensitivity or sometimes its opposite extreme listlessness and indifference to the opinion of others, ..."
6. Elements of Human Psychology by Howard Crosby Warren (1922)
"Chronic indigestion, overdevelopment of one of the ductless glands, oversensitivity to pain, or any other particular internal condition will affect our ..."
7. U.S.-Japan Strategic Reciprocity: A Neo-Internationalist Viewby Edward A. Olsen by Edward A. Olsen (1985)
"Moreover, throughout the volume I am often highly critical of existing US oversensitivity to Japanese sensibilities. I attempt to show why Washington's ..."