¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ostiolar
1. ostiole [adj] - See also: ostiole
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ostiolar Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ostiolar
Literary usage of Ostiolar
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Zoological Record ...: Being Records of Zoological Literature by Zoological Record Association (London, England), Zoological Society of London (1879)
"Facies of Cydnus : ostiolar canal short, narrow, ... ostiolar orifice at inner end of an oval scale, which is placed exteriorly on the ..."
2. Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the (1877)
"L Scutellum triangular, convex : Head with erect, submarginal bristles, or teeth : Body very deep and convex : ostiolar canal fusiform ..."
3. Notes on a Fauna of the Vigo Group and Its Bearing on the Evolution of by Roy Ernest Dickerson (1921)
"It may be distinguished by the broad lunate and striate area anterior to the ostiolar canal and whitish elytra with the inner and commissural margins of the ..."
4. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1899)
"The antheridia were found to be united in a definitely circumscribed and slightly elevated area and to have short ostiolar papillae instead of being ..."