Definition of Orthodontic treatment
1. Noun. Dental treatment that corrects irregularities of the teeth or of the relation of the teeth to surrounding anatomy; treatment is usually by braces or mechanical aids. "Orthodontic treatment of facial abnormalities"
Medical Definition of Orthodontic treatment
1. Please see MedicineNet site on orthodontic treatment for information on this subject. (12 Dec 1998)
Orthodontic Treatment Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Orthodontic Treatment Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Orthodontic Treatment
Literary usage of Orthodontic treatment
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The International Journal of Orthodontia and Oral Surgery (1921)
"That the breathing can be greatly improved by the proper orthodontic treatment is proved by the case shown in Fig. 34. The models on the left are of a boy ..."
2. The International Journal of Orthodontia (1916)
"The time required for orthodontic treatment extends over quite a number of years, and the age limit is gradually being extended. We mention this because it ..."
3. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1912)
"Accordingly it was concluded that no orthodontic treatment of the lower jaw and teeth alone could be sufficient. Therefore a bilateral resection was the ..."
4. Management of Temporomandibular Disorders: Current Bibliographies in by Martha H. Glock, James A. Lipton (1996)
"An evaluation of temporomandibular joints and jaw muscles after orthodontic treatment involving premolar extractions. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 1991 ..."
5. Applied Orthodontia: An Introductory Text for Students and Practitioners of by James David McCoy (1922)
"The fact that malnutrition is frequently present in children undergoing orthodontic treatment and that the condition is overlooked both by parents and ..."