2. Adjective. (alternative spelling of oophytic) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Oophytic
1. oophyte [adj] - See also: oophyte
Medical Definition of Oophytic
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oophytic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oophytic
Literary usage of Oophytic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings by Royal Institution of Great Britain (1893)
"... so that the fern plant belongs to the sporophytic and the moss plant to the oophytic generation; the fern plant is the result of the sexual union, ..."
2. Annals of Botany by IDEAL (Project) (1888)
"Both limbs of the oophytic growth have produced ... Irregular oophytic outgrowth from margin of a frond, x 35. Fig. 32. ..."
3. Lessons in Elementary Botany for Secondary Schools by Thomas Huston Macbride (1896)
"As in the Fern, these phases are denominated oophytic and sporophytic, respectively, according to the nature of the spore-cell which each produces. c. ..."
4. Journal of Botany, British and Foreign (1900)
"M. Sauvageau recognizes three forms of germination of the oophytic generation, which he denominates as "forme Falkenberg," "forme Thuret," and " forme ..."