2. Adjective. (alternative spelling of oogonial) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Oogonial
1. oogonium [adj] - See also: oogonium
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oogonial Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oogonial
oogonial (current term)
ooh ah ah
Literary usage of Oogonial
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1902)
"Usually it is impossible to distinguish the antheridial wall from the oogonial, and very frequently the thinning of the oogonial wall gives the antheridium ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1909)
"Although some difficulties of technique were encountered, fairly good series were obtained. The results are as follows: The number of oogonial chromosomes ..."
3. Sexual Reproduction and the Organization of the Nucleus in Certain Mildews by Robert Almer Harper (1905)
"Same, showing hyphal cell, from which the oogonium arises, most of the oogonial branch cut away. F1G. 3.—The oogonial branch coiled around the antheridial ..."
4. The North American Species of Drosophila by Alfred Henry Sturtevant (1921)
"At the anterior end of each string lie the oogonial cells; ... After oogonial multiplication has been completed there are found to be cysts of oogonial ..."
5. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1908)
"ing thence by amoeboid movement into the oogonial mass at some distance from its posterior end. This is certainly an error and, I believe, ..."
6. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1910)
"the oogonial wall, acquiring lor themselves a new cell-wail a'"-a fertilization, ... remains throughout t- contact with the oogonial ..."