Definition of Novaculites
1. novaculite [n] - See also: novaculite
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Novaculites Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Novaculites
Literary usage of Novaculites
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Summarized Proceedings ... and a Directory of Members by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1891)
"SINCE early in this century, the Arkansas novaculites hare been known commercially as very excellent whetstones both in this country and abroad. ..."
2. The American Geologist by Newton Horace Winchell (1895)
"ii In the Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society of London, Aug., 1891, Mr. Frank Rutley brought forward arguments to show that the novaculites of ..."
3. Annual Report of the Geological Survey of Arkansas by Geological Survey of Arkansas (1892)
"THE CHEMISTRY OF THE novaculites. The chemical examination of the several ... The analyses of the novaculites and associated rocks are presented in the ..."
4. Outlines of the Geology, Soils and Minerals of the State of Arkansas by Jim G. Ferguson (1920)
"Whetstones and the novaculites of Arkansas, ... of novaculites of Arkansas. Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society of London. Vol. ..."
5. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1897)
"Ouachita stones: those novaculites which "originally contained a large percentage of lime." Il. True novaculites: these are the characteristic rocks of the ..."
6. Syllabus of a Course of Lectures on Economic Geology by John Casper Branner, John Flesher Newsom (1900)
"The novaculites of Arkansas furnish the finest ... The Arkansas stone (novaculites): exceedingly hard; adapted to grinding fine-edged tools of all sorts. ..."