2. Adverb. northwestward ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Northwestwards
1. northwestward [n] - See also: northwestward
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Northwestwards Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Northwestwards
Literary usage of Northwestwards
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Oliver and Boyd's Edinburgh Almanac and National Repository (1902)
"Leith to Belford Bridge; thence westwards, south-westwards, northwestwards, westwards and northwestwards, along the centre 01 Belford Bridge, Belford Road ..."
2. The American Nation: Its Executive, Legislative, Political, Financial edited by James Harrison Kennedy (1895)
"... and from thence northwestwards till 120 miles be finished, and from Piscataway harbor mouth aforesaid, northwestwards along the sea coast to ..."
3. The Federal and State Constitutions: Colonial Charters, and Other Organic by Francis N. Thorpe, United States (1909)
"... ocke and through the same unto the furthest heade thereof and from thence northwestwards till one hundred and twenty miles bee finished and from ..."
4. Select Charters and Other Documents Illustrative of American History, 1606-1775 by William MacDonald (1899)
"... heade thereof and from thence northwestwards till one hundred and twenty ... thereof and into the Lande northwestwards untill one hundred and twenty ..."
5. The Federal and State Constitutions, Colonial Charters, and Other Organic by Benjamin Perley Poore, United States Congress. Senate (1878)
"... and through the same unto the furthest heade thereof and from thence northwestwards till one hundred and twenty miles bee finished and from ..."
6. Collections of the Maine Historical Society by Maine Historical Society (1897)
"... head thereof and from thence northwestwards till Sixty miles be finished ... soe up into the land northwestwards untill Sixty miles be finished ffrom ..."
7. The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques & Discoveries of the English by Richard Hakluyt (1907)
"... nor by any part nor parcell thereof lying Northwards, Northeastwards, or northwestwards, as is aforesayd, by sea shall not be visited, frequented, ..."
8. American Annual Register edited by Joseph Blunt (1827)
"... and to the furthest head of the said River, and from thence northwestwards till sixty miles bee finished, from the entrance of ..."