Definition of North-polar
1. Adjective. Of or relating to the Arctic. "The Arctic summer"
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: North-polar Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of North-polar
Literary usage of North-polar
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1907)
"The present paper was originally intended to deal, with both North Polar and South Polar problems ; but I soon saw that if the discussion should be in any ..."
2. The Quarterly Review by William Gifford, George Walter Prothero, John Gibson Lockhart, John Murray, Whitwell Elwin, John Taylor Coleridge, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, William Macpherson, William Smith (1865)
"Second Letter to Sir Roderick Murchison on the subject of North Polar Exploration. ... Minute, on the North Polar Exploration, passed by the Council of the ..."
3. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"But m the 9th knowledge of the north polar regions with century some Irish monks really appear to have visited Iceland. ..."
4. The Great White North: The Story of Polar Exploration from the Earliest by Helen Saunders Wright (1910)
"Enters Lancaster Sound. — Advance barred by imaginary Crocker Mountains. —Return of expedition to England. — Buchan and Franklin North Polar expedition ..."
5. Handbook of Polar Discoveries by Adolphus Washington Greely (1910)
"CHAPTER XII north-polar VOYAGES /^*ONTRARY to the general impression, Arctic voyages V ' for reaching the north geographic pole have been the exception ..."
6. Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society of London by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain) (1865)
"In selecting a route for North Polar Exploration it is above all things necessary that it should be one which offers a reasonable assurance of attaining ..."
7. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1900)
"North polar coronal streamers. Taken with 15-inch lens of 135 feet focus. Exposure 16 seconds. each plate is about 4 feet ; but it will be inferred from the ..."