Definition of Nonfissile
1. Adjective. Not fissile.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonfissile Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonfissile
Literary usage of Nonfissile
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lead and Zinc Deposits of Northwestern Illinois by Guy Henry Cox (1914)
"Shale, dark brown, nonfissile, with a species of Lingula three- eighths of an inch ... Dark drab, nonfissile shale containing a few specimens of a small ..."
2. Zinc and Lead Deposits of the Upper Mississippi Valley by Harry Foster Bain (1907)
"Sixth Orthoceras bed; brownish, hard, granular, nonfissile shale, with numerous specimens of ... Shale, dark brown, nonfissile, with a species of Lingula ..."
3. An International Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Facility: Exploring a Russian by Glenn E. Schweitzer, A. Chelsea Sharber (2005)
"These new national rules will cover all types of radioactive materials (fissile and nonfissile). The transport of radioactive materials is governed by the ..."
4. Bulletin by Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey (1907)
"Shale, dark brown, nonfissile, with a species of Lingula three-eighths of an ... Shale, brown or black, nonfissile, fossils rare, occasional specimens of и ..."
5. Bulletin by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1906)
"Sixth Orthoceras bed; brownish, hard, granular, nonfissile shale, with numerous specimens of the ... Shale, dark brown, nonfissile, with a species of ..."
6. Dismantling the Bomb and Managing the Nuclear Materials (1994)
"The spent fuel packages would have some fissile materials in them but would also be contaminated with nonfissile actinides and long-lived fission products. ..."