Definition of No-go area
1. Noun. An area that is dangerous or impossible to enter or to which entry is forbidden.
Geographical relationships: Britain, Great Britain, U.k., Uk, United Kingdom, United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland
No-go Area Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: No-go Area Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of No-go Area
Literary usage of No-go area
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sudan, Oil, and Human Rights by Jemera Rone (2003)
"... in Block 1—a "no-go" area for its operations for security reasons.448 As many fled ... a no-go area for the rest of the month. WFP, "Sudan Bulletin No. ..."
2. Report of the Hundred and Twenty Second Round Table on Transport Economics by ECMT Staff, Ecmt, (Paris) European Conference of Ministers, Centre Economic Research, Economic Research Centre, (Paris) Round Table on Transport Economi (2003)
"... who justified a politically inconceivable work of art, financing it himself and insisting, by imposing a no-go area for commercial activity, ..."
3. Regional Peacekeepers: The Paradox of Russian Peacekeeping by John Mackinlay, Peter Cross (2003)
"... states" as an economic no-go area within an existing but weakened state is in W. Reno. ..."
4. Still Killing: Landmines in Southern Africa by Alex Vines, Arms Project (Human Rights Watch) (1997)
"The decision was finally made in 1974 to build a minefield along the northeastern border, coupled with the creation of a "no-go area. ..."
5. The Urban Condition: Space, Community, and Self in the Contemporary Metropolis by Ghent Urban Studies Team (1999)
"... tends to turn into a no-go area. This situation cannot help but remind us of the "dark city" of Dickens, Stevenson, and Sherlock Holmes: a frightening ..."
6. Transforming South Africa by Armin Osmanovic (2002)
"... increasing crime rates accompany the transformation process and have led to ghetto-like structures which give the suburb the reputation of a no-go-area. ..."