2. Adjective. (rare physiology) Of the uterus, exhibiting thickening before implantation of an ovum. ¹
3. Adjective. Of or pertaining to a nidus. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nidal
1. pertaining to a nidus [adj] - See also: nidus
Medical Definition of Nidal
1. Relating to a nidus, or nest. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nidal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nidal
Literary usage of Nidal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Terrorist Group Profiles (1993)
"Intimidate those nations currently holding Abu nidal operatives in prison into releasing them. Background A rejectionist and extremely violent Palestinian ..."
2. The Pathology, Diagnosis and Treatment of Diseases of the Rectum and Anus by Charles Boyd Kelsey (1884)
"Pilo-nidal Sinus.—Hydatids.—Fatal Inclusions.—Spina Bifida.—Congenital Cysts. UNDER this head will be included polypus, vegetations, ..."
3. Persona Non Grata: The Expulsion of Civilians from Israeli-occupied Lebanon by Virginia N. Sherry (1999)
"According to Jamal, nidal Jamal tried to tempt him by offering "an ... Two or three months later, nidal Jamal approached Jamal in the weekly market (souq ..."
4. Principles of Physiological Psychology by Wilhelm Max Wundt (1904)
"This nidal cinerea lies midway •v . between the ... 42- Lateral view of then upon alba, then upon the nidal cinerea, embryo (3 months), after then again ..."
5. The Principles and Practice of Gynaecology by Thomas Addis Emmet (1884)
"The nidal decidua having reached its full development, and no impregnated ovum having arrived to demand from it protection and sustenance, ..."