Definition of News item
1. Noun. An item in a newspaper.
News Item Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: News Item Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of News Item
Literary usage of News item
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Documentary History of American Industrial Society by Eugene Allen Gilmore, American Bureau of Industrial Research, Carnegie Institution of Washington (1909)
"news item from Mosquito Inlet, Florida, contained in a letter from a correspondent in Charleston, SC, Sept . 12. News that on Aug. ..."
2. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1911)
"... was furnished by a reliable reporter of long experience, and was accepted and published as a news item in reliance upon its truth. (February 21, 1911. ..."
3. Plantation and Frontier Documents: 1649-1863: Illustrative of Industrial by Ulrich Bonnell Phillips (1909)
"(c) news item from the Federal Union (Milledgeville, Ga.), May 26, 1857. ... (d) news item from the New Orleans Bee, March 6, 1845. MURDER. ..."
4. German Literature in American Magazines, 1846 to 1880 by Martin Henry Haertel (1908)
"[news item.] (30 11.) 194.—Goethe, Autobiog. Ed. by Parke Godwin. Rev- (25 11. ... [news item.] (1511.) 472.—Original Dr. Faustus published in Leipzig. ..."
5. The House of Harper: A Century of Publishing in Franklin Square by Joseph Henry Harper (1912)
"news item, Thursday. The Mayor of Cleveland declines to be interviewed in ... news item, Friday. The Rev. Dr. Mendenhall declares that he never said that he ..."