Definition of Nervous disorder
1. Noun. A disorder of the nervous system.
Generic synonyms: Disorder, Upset
Specialized synonyms: Brain Damage, Brain Disease, Brain Disorder, Encephalopathy, Ataxia, Ataxy, Dyssynergia, Motor Ataxia, Atopognosia, Atopognosis, Dyskinesia, Chorea, Flaccid Paralysis, Als, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's Disease, Athetosis, Kuru, Nerve Compression
Nervous Disorder Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nervous Disorder Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nervous Disorder
Literary usage of Nervous disorder
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1831)
"A Treatise on Indigestion, with Observations on some painful complaints originating in Indigestion, as Tic Douloureux, nervous disorder, &c. ..."
2. The Psychology of Subnormal Children by Leta Stetter Hollingworth (1920)
"Other Forms of Mental and nervous disorder in the Subnormal. We have now mentioned briefly the nervous and mental disorders which are most commonly found ..."
3. The United States Democratic Review by Conrad Swackhamer (1845)
"... of a nervous disorder in stand the enticement of a thousand A few days after the stranger was way for his rescue ; and vowed to with- his chamber. ..."
4. The Basis of Practical Teaching: A Book in Pedagogy by Elmer Burritt Bryan (1905)
"... are typical signs of nervous disorder and mental shortness. Quoting again from Mercier, to emphasize this thought from the standpoint of an expert in ..."
5. A Dictionary of Psychological Medicine: Giving the Definition, Etymology and by Daniel Hack Tuke (1892)
"When a case of nervous disorder, complicated with disorder of the sexual system comes before us, three questions arise : (i) Did the sexual disorder declare ..."