Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nelis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nelis
Literary usage of Nelis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Fruits of America: Containing Richly Colored Figures, and Full by Charles Mason Hovey (1852)
"THE Winter nelis deservedly ranks among the very best winter pears which have yet been produced. Though of only medium size and rather unprepossessing ..."
2. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1887)
"FE Gray: One White Winter Pearmain; one Winter nelis pear. RF Bishop: One plate Beauty of Rome; one White Winter Pearmain. .1. C. Byron: One plate White ..."
3. The New England Farmer by Samuel W. Cole (1854)
"THE WINTER nelis FEAR. The above fine portrait of the Winter nelis, was taken frota a pear grown in the garden of Mr. ANDREW ..."
4. The New American Orchardist, Or an Account of the Most Valuable Varieties of by William Kenrick (1844)
"*WINTER nelis. Pom. Mag. yellow and brown color ... A new variety, raised by M. nelis, of Malines. Sent by Mr. Knight, in 1823, to the Hon. John Lowell. ..."
5. Pomologia Britannica: Or, Figures and Descriptions of the Most Important by John Lindley (1841)
"nelis d'hiver, of many Flemish and English Gardens. ... It was originally raised by M. nelis, of Mechlin, in honour of whom it has been named ; but before ..."
6. The American Fruit Culturist, Containing Directions for the Propagation and by John J. Thomas (1849)
"nelis d'Hiver, Bonne de Ma- lines.^ Size medium; roundish-obovate, often slightly pyriform, with a neck small and short; surface yellowish- green, ..."