Definition of Necropoli
1. necropolis [n] - See also: necropolis
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Necropoli Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Necropoli
Literary usage of Necropoli
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Vestiges of Civilization: Or, The Aetiology of History, Religious by James O'Connell (1851)
"... wherein we all know the Father of the Faithful himself has been entombed. In many places, Upper Egypt, Etruria, and Sicily, these necropoli or ..."
2. Landscapes of Sicily by Peter Amann (2001)
"Follow the signposted trail to the east, towards 'necropoli DI ... Along the way you pass steps descending to the 'BELVEDERE DI necropoli' (20min). ..."
3. American Journal of Archaeology by Archaeological Institute of America (1887)
"necropoli.—Of the three necropoli of the ancient Sulmona, notes have appeared from time to time concerning two of them, in past numbers of the Notizie degli ..."
4. Printed Books in the Library of the Society of Antiquaries of London, on by Library Society of Antiquaries of London, Society of Antiquaries of London Library (1887)
"Modena, 1879 Di due Sepolcri e di un Frammento Ceramico della necropoli ... 1885 Scavi Governativi in un lembo della necropoli felsinea, 1885-86, 8vo. '. ..."
5. Tuscany and Umbria by Emma Jones (2004)
"€1, cumulative ticket with the Etruscan tombs, €3, which showcases the best finds from the surrounding necropoli. Visiting the Etruscan Tombs The tufa ..."
6. A List of Books, Photographs, &c., in the National Art Library, Illustrating by National Art Library (Great Britain) (1883)
"Pitture murali a Fresco e Suppellettili Etrusche in Bronzo e in Terra Cotta, Scoperte in una necropoli presso Orvieto nel 1863. Text, 4to. Atlas, obl. fol. ..."
7. Annual Report by Archaeological Institute of America (1891)
"After a partial exploration of the necropoli of ... for a first essay on the primitive necropoli of Crete ..."
8. Proceedings by International Geographical Union General Assembly, International Geographical Union, Cantors Assembly (U.S.) (1882)
"Quali sono le stazioni e le necropoli dell'età del bromo in Italia, quali i rapporti di esse colle stazioni e necropoli contemporanee del resto d'Europa; ..."