Definition of Neckar river
1. Noun. A river in Germany; rises in the Black Forest and flows north into the Rhine.
Group relationships: Deutschland, Federal Republic Of Germany, Frg, Germany
Generic synonyms: River
Neckar River Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Neckar River Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Neckar River
Literary usage of Neckar river
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to Germany by Henk Bekker (2005)
"(€€€€) The Marriott is a new, modern hotel on the banks of the neckar river close to the station. Rooms are modern. The best rooms, as well as the ..."
2. Atlas of European Historyby Earle Wilbur Dow by Earle Wilbur Dow (1907)
"... district 20 Tk Neckar, river 13 Dd Neda, river 2 Bd Neda, river z С d Nederlanden, Dutch for Netherlands ..."
3. The American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by Charles Anderson Dana (1874)
"The spurs of this ridge, extending as far N. as the neckar river, there meet with the Odenwald (grand duchy of Hesse), which, by the Spessart and ..."
4. The American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by George Ripley, Charles Anderson Dana (1883)
"Tho spurs of tins ridge, extending as far X. as the neckar river, there meet with the Odenwald (grand duchy of Hesse), which, by the Spessart and Rhön ..."
5. Concrete Bridges and Culverts, for Both Railroads and Highways by Henry Grattan Tyrrell (1909)
"Other projected long-span bridges are that over the neckar river at Manheim, with a span of 365 feet, and the Hudson Memorial Bridge in New York City, ..."
6. The Hydraulic Principles Governing River and Harbor Construction by Curtis McDonald Townsend (1922)
"The equations employed between Waldshut and Maxau (above the neckar river) are in meters: hi* = 1.01 hwt +1.28 1.72<fcwt<3.73 ft™ =0.89 hwl +1.72 3.73</iwt ..."