Definition of Namoi river
1. Noun. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
Group relationships: Australia, Commonwealth Of Australia
Generic synonyms: River
Namoi River Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Namoi River Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Namoi River
Namibian Sign Language
Literary usage of Namoi river
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Australian Almanac (1863)
"This township is situated on the namoi river, distant 250 miles from ... of the namoi river with the ..."
2. Moore's Australian Almanac and Country Directory (1878)
"This town is pleasantly situated on the Narrabri Creek an ana-branch of the Namoi River, and is distant 230 miles from Maitland. Population—313. ..."
3. The Journal of the Royal Geographic Society of London by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain) (1852)
"... at Carrol, crossed the namoi river, and encamped on the N. side of it. Mr. Turner remained at Mr. Pringle's to bring on any letters that might arrive by ..."
4. An Essay on New South Wales: The Mother Colony of the Australias by George Houstoun Reid (1876)
"... thence to the namoi river, at the junction of the Karran River ; and thence by the Namoi and the Barwon Rivers to the Queensland Border. ..."