Definition of Name and address
1. Noun. Written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location.
Terms within: Postal Code, Postcode, Zip, Zip Code
Group relationships: Letter, Missive
Generic synonyms: Direction, Instruction
Specialized synonyms: Return Address
Derivative terms: Address
Name And Address Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Name And Address Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Name And Address
Literary usage of Name and address
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"... which would bear his name and address; and the shoemaker would mark on some part of the shoe his name and address; after a while the producers of these ..."
2. Biennial Report by Oregon Board of Horticulture (1921)
"Country where grown Locality where grown Port of entry name and address of ... name and address of exporter Country and locality where grown Name and ..."
3. The Law Reports by James Redfoord Bulwer (1872)
"... in which it is contained be distinctly labelled with the name of the article, and the word " ¡oison," and with the name and address of the, ..."
4. Notes and Queries by Martim de Albuquerque (1881)
"We never heard that such was the. case. WR—Please shape the facts you mention into a reply. F. 0. AW (Lincoln's Inn).—Please send full name and address. ..."