Definition of Muscle building
1. Noun. Exercise that builds muscles through tension.
Generic synonyms: Exercise, Exercising, Physical Exercise, Physical Exertion, Workout
Specialized synonyms: Weightlift, Weightlifting, Weight Gaining
Muscle Building Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Muscle Building Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Muscle Building
Literary usage of Muscle building
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wisconsin Medical Journal by State Medical Society of Wisconsin (1904)
"Specialism in muscle building is justifiable only in so far as it tends to bring up any ... Symmetric muscle building should be a preparation for practical ..."
2. Sportby C. M. van Stockum by C. M. van Stockum (1914)
"muscle building. 1905. Am. sports pub. $ -.10 2231 Sandow (E.). Strength und how to obtain it. With anatomical chart, Illustrating the ..."
3. A Treatise on Orthopaedic Surgery by Royal Whitman (1919)
"This system of exercises combines a certain forcible correction of deformity and restoration of mobility by means of the "heavy work" with muscle building. ..."
4. Diet for the Sick: A Treatise on the Values of Foods, Their Application to by Mary Foote Henderson (1885)
"The meat of animals is nitrogenous and therefore muscle-building. So are the grains nitrogenous and muscle-building. Dr. Radcliffe, in an interesting ..."
5. Gynecology by Brooke Melancthon Anspach (1921)
"muscle building: especially abdominal, buttocks, and calf muscles. 1. Educative: train posture. A. Supportive. THE MECHANICAL TREATMENT OF THE " GORILLA ..."