Definition of Missionary work
1. Noun. The organized work of a religious missionary.
Generic synonyms: Work
Specialized synonyms: Da'wah, Dawah
Derivative terms: Missioner
Missionary Work Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Missionary Work Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Missionary Work
Literary usage of Missionary work
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1908)
"as they were about to open up missionary work in India under the auspices of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions, marks an era in the ..."
2. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"How many of the missionaries are natives should also be indicated, since this information reveals the progress made towards the ideal of all missionary work ..."
3. Baptist Missionary Magazine by American Baptist Foreign Mission Society (1899)
"School work for the training of native workers and the education of Christians early assumed a large importance in the missionary work. ..."
4. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting (1908)
"THE CHAIRMAN : Dr. WILLIAM HAYES WARD, editor of the New York Independent. will speak on the value of missionary work among the Indians. ..."
5. Report by Indians Rights Association (1908)
"THE CHAIRMAN : Dr. WILLIAM HAYES WARD, editor of the New York Independent, will speak on the value of missionary work among the Indians. ..."
6. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1903)
"A motion to employ a field secretary among the colored people in the South to inform them concerning missionary work in the South and stimulate their ..."