¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Mislabel
1. to label incorrectly or falsely [v -BELED, -BELING, -BELS or -BELLED, -BELLING, -BELS]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mislabel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mislabel
Literary usage of Mislabel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Law of Pure Food and Drugs, National and State: With Appendices by William Wheeler Thornton (1912)
"Cane Sugar 60 percent," when it contains no maple sugar is to mislabel it.4 So to brand a product composed in part of sucrose syrup as "Pure Vermont Maple ..."
2. Journal of Morphology by Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology (1897)
"... and consequently mislabel the whole of the belt, carrying the proper designations one cell too far to the right in the one case, and one cell too far to ..."
3. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"A screening test with 90% sensitivity and 90% specificity would detect 900 of the 1000 cases, but would also mislabel 9900 healthy persons (Figure 3). ..."
4. Consolidated supplement to the codes and general laws of the state of ...by California, James Henry Deering by California, James Henry Deering (1919)
"... a deceptive pack of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables or dried fruits or dried vegetables or to mislabel any package of any such fruits or vegetables. ..."