Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mishmee Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mishmee
Literary usage of Mishmee
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cyclopædia of India and of Eastern and Southern Asia, Commercial, Industrial by Edward Balfour (1871)
"It is considered as very nutritious. | among the mishmee, Lamas, »ud Assamese : COPRIS, ... mishmee ..."
2. Pharmacographia Indica: A History of the Principal Drugs of Vegetable Origin by William Dymock (1893)
"mishmee Teeta as a remedy in Fever.—Take 1 drachm ! ... mishmee Eee (or poison) employed 6y hunters.—Take drachms of mishmee Bee finely ..."
3. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1870)
"The mishmee villages aro called after the head-man, ... by bribe, presents, and persuasion, to induce the mishmee head-men to make another attempt to obtain ..."
4. Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society. (1875)
"The route by the mishmee country was so far well known, that only political obstacles now intervened to prevent direct communication between Assam and ..."
5. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1875)
"Sir George Campbell had justly said that, as regards access to the richest and wealthiest part of China, Sze-chuen, through the mishmee country, ..."
6. The United Service Magazine by Arthur William Alsager Pollock (1867)
"About 1835, Dr. Griffiths entered the mishmee Hills, ... one of the tributaries of the Lohit, where he was hospitably received by a powerful mishmee chief. ..."