Definition of Military rank
1. Noun. Rank in a military organization.
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Generic synonyms: Rank
Specialized synonyms: Flag Rank
Military Rank Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Military Rank Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Military Rank
Literary usage of Military rank
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1885)
"... DEGRADATION' OF military rank. WE seem to have entered upon an era of incessant change in the organisation of the British army. ..."
2. The United States Democratic Review by Conrad Swackhamer (1850)
"military rank.* " The prettige of military life is wearing away, and a new generation of men has found, that honor and respectability may equally belong to ..."
3. Reports of State Trials: New Series... 1820 to ...by Great Britain State Trials Committee, John Macdonell, John Edward Power Wallis by Great Britain State Trials Committee, John Macdonell, John Edward Power Wallis (1889)
"Brougham : lío, my Lord ; that he was appointed superintendent, having at the time military rank ; but after that regimental rank ceased he then ceased to ..."
4. Military Laws of the United States (Army) by United States (1901)
"'Command is exercised by virtue of office and the special assignment of officers holding military rank who are eligible by law to exercise command. ..."
5. History of American Red Cross Nursing by Lavinia L. Dock (1922)
"Public Health Service—Casualties Among Nurses—Memorials to Nurses—Red Cross Aides—Educational Projects—military rank for Army Nurses A WEEK after the ..."