Definition of Mile-high city
1. Noun. The state capital and largest city of Colorado; located in central Colorado on the South Platte river.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Centennial State, Co, Colorado
Mile-high City Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mile-high City Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mile-high City
Literary usage of Mile-high city
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Okay, Girls by Helen Gilbert (2006)
"Denver - the Mile-High City Denver is known as the nose-picking capital of the world. It is so high and dry that it takes time to adjust to it. ..."
2. Human Geography by Joseph Russell Smith (1922)
"Why is Denver called the "mile-high city"? (Fig. 91.) Tell why it has become the metropolis of the Plains area. 6. Suggest reasons for considering the Great ..."
3. Denver, CO: Photographic Portr by John Kieffer, Photographer (2007)
"Today, the Mile,High City, with the Rockies in its ... Savor the stirring photographs of America's Mile,High City and the regal Rocky Mountains at its hack ..."
4. Flying Above the Coast of New England (2007)
"Today, the Mile-High City, with the Rockies in its backyard, ... Savor the stirring photographs of America's Mile-High City and the regal Rocky Mountains at ..."
5. Apollo's Warriors: United States Air Force Special Operations During the by Michael E. Haas (1998)
"This embassy was in Tehran, Iran, and it was in this mile-high city in Persia that he learned for the first time what he and his crew had been training for ..."
6. The Personality of American Cities by Edward Hungerford (1913)
"The thin air of the Mile-High city lifts its citizens well over details. And they are far too broad, far too generous to trouble with such minute things. ..."
7. Concrete Abstractions: An Introduction to Computer Science Using Scheme by Max Hailperin, Barbara Kaiser, Karl Knight (1999)
"The recipe for Chocolate Caramels calls for a temperature of 244 degrees; suppose you wanted to make them in Denver, the "mile high city. ..."
8. Basic Math Skills Grade 4 by Wes Tuttle (2003)
"Hillary was driving through the city of Denver, Colorado, when she saw a sign referring to it as being the "Mile High City." What is the elevation of Denver ..."