Definition of Metalists
1. metalist [n] - See also: metalist
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Metalists Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Metalists
Literary usage of Metalists
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nomisma: Or, "Legal Tender." by Henri Cernuschi (1877)
"Thunderstruck, the mono-metalists are thrown headlong down the abyss—a ... Still impenitent, the mono-metalists set themselves under the very eyes of Pluto ..."
2. Mono-metalism and Bi-metalism: Or, The Science of Monetary Values by John Badlam Howe (1879)
"The central argument of those mono-metalists who favor a single gold standard is, that the two metals cannot be kept at par, or in other words, ..."
3. The Common Sense, the Mathematics, and the Metaphysics of Money by John Badlam Howe (1881)
"Some mono- metalists affirm and some deny that gold has risen in exchange for commodities, and the like is true of some bi-metalists. ..."
4. The Conspiracy Against Silver: Or, A Plea for Bi-metallism in the United States by Elihu Jerome Farmer (1886)
"Mr. Chairman, the mono-metalists do not attempt to answer the objections made ... Most of them say they are bi-metalists; but still they contend that gold ..."
5. Proceedings of the First National Silver Convention: Held at St. Louis by E. A. Elliott (1889)
"... and bi-metalists, maintain this. The opponents of this draw a distinction between the phrase "appreciation of gold," and an "increase in the purchasing ..."
6. Dear Comrades: Menshevik Reports on the Bolshevik Revolution and the Civil War by Vladimir N. Brovkin (1991)
"At that meeting, a decision was unanimously adopted to petition the Union of metalists with a statement that the workers did not want to strike, ..."
7. Papers and Addresses Before the First National Silver Convention: Held at St by E. A. Elliott (1889)
"A large majority of the highest authorities, both mono- metalists and bi-metalists, maintain this. The opponents of this draw a distinction between the ..."