¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Mesenchymal
Medical Definition of Mesenchymal
1. Relating to the mesenchyme. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mesenchymal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mesenchymal
Literary usage of Mesenchymal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Contributions by Dept. of Anatomy, University of Minnesota Dept. of Anatomy, University of Minnesota (1916)
"In both cases the mesenchymal proliferation is associated with marked ... The first mesenchymal proliferation is ventral and is associated with the ..."
2. Assessing the Human Health Risks of Trichloroethylene: Key Scientific Issues by National Research Council (U.S.) (2006)
"This event is termed an epithelial-mesenchymal cell transformation, when at least three distinct events occur: endothelial cell activation (chick stage 14), ..."
3. Neoplastic Diseases: A Treatise on Tumors by James Ewing (1922)
"The vascular endothelium being of mesenchymal origin is closely related to the connective tissues, and this fact may serve to explain the resemblance of ..."
4. International Medical and Surgical Surveyby American Institute of Medicine by American Institute of Medicine (1922)
"A rounding up of the tumor cell due to the contraction of its cytoplasm is brought about as soon as mesenchymal splenic cells closely approach it. ..."
5. Human embryology by Charles Sedgwick Minot (1897)
"THE mesenchymal TISSUES. 411 is ultimately situated in the ... The network is produced -in situ by the mesenchymal cells, the processes of which gradually ..."