Definition of Medical science
1. Noun. The science of dealing with the maintenance of health and the prevention and treatment of disease.
Specialized synonyms: Medical Specialty, Medicine, Pathology, Radiology, Serology, Surgery, Orthopaedics, Orthopedics, Neurology
Medical Science Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Medical Science Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Medical Science
Literary usage of Medical science
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1915)
"See Medical colleges medical science. See Medicine Medical social service Social service league of Changsha. LC Hume. 11 Survey 34:575-7 S 25 '16 Some uses ..."
2. The Popular Science Monthly (1893)
"Cultivation of medical science (10 p.). J. Paget, 19 : 774 Early superstitions of M. (0 p.). WB Cheadle, 1 : 95. Electro-medical humbug (Table), 6 : 505. ..."
3. A Short History of Science by William Thompson Sedgwick, Harry Walter Tyler (1917)
"medical science AT ALEXANDRIA. BEGINNINGS OF HUMAN ANATOMY. — Alexandria is famous in the history of medicine for many reasons. It was here that human,—as ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1922)
"Not only is there much misconception of medical science and practise but there prevails a good deal of dissatisfaction and dis- encouragement with medicine ..."
5. A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom by Andrew Dickson White (1897)
"NEW BEGINNINGS OF medical science. In spite of all these opposing forces, the evolution of medical science continued, though but slowly. ..."
6. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1810)
"Sketch of the Revolution! of medical science, and , relating to itt Roform. By PJG Cabanis, Member of the National Institute of France, &c. ..."