Definition of Meccano
1. Noun. A child's construction set for making mechanical models.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Meccano Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Meccano
Literary usage of Meccano
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. St. Nicholas by Mary Mapes Dodge (1916)
"meccano sets are so °l>l" s- with meccano you can begin ... The meccano parts are so made that you can the Manual but At ej ..."
2. The Windsor Magazine: An Illustrated Monthly for Men and WomenEnglish periodicals (1914)
"meccano Give your boy a meccano Outfit. Let him share the inexhaustible joys ... This is the story of meccano and the delights of building working models on ..."
3. The Educational Value of Certain After-school Materials and Activities in by Morris Meister (1921)
"In England, the meccano has organized a scheme, known as the meccano Guild; ... And because the meccano Company in America is now taking the lead in ..."
4. Advertising, Its Principles and Practice by Harry Tipper (1919)
"Think of the glorious fun and endless variety in meccano for your boy It's the ideal ... [meccano consists of bright plated steel strips, angle brackets, ..."
5. The Principles of Advertising: A Text Book by Harry Tipper (1920)
"Think of the glorious fun and endless variety in meccano for your boy It's the ideal ... meccano consists of bright plated steel strips, angle brackets, ..."
6. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1921)
"Suit by meccano, Limited, against John Wanamaker, New York. ... meccano v. Wagner,' 234 Fed. 912. An appeal was taken to the Clr:ult Court of Appeals, ..."
7. Manual of Play by William Byron Forbush (1914)
"meccano.—The meccano is a true toy, yet it comprises exact mechanical parts, Lever, Beams, Wheels, Axles, Pulleys, Bolts, etc. These are made properly to ..."
8. Operations of the Federal Trade Commission by Law Dept, Thomson Gale (Firm) (1919)
"127 Against meccano, Ltd., and The meccano Co., Inc. Cause: Unfair methods of competition in the sale of "meccano" mechanical toys by vague and indefinite ..."