Definition of Meat loaf
1. Noun. A baked loaf of ground meat.
Meat Loaf Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Meat Loaf Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Meat Loaf
Literary usage of Meat loaf
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. When Mother Lets Us Cook: A Book of Simple Receipts for Little Folk, with by Constance Johnson (1908)
"... meat loaf I pound chopped raw Rolling pin and board beef Mixing bowl 4 white crackers Wooden spoon % cup cream or milk Teaspoon (or some evapo- ..."
2. The Business of Being a Housewife: A Manual to Promote Household Efficiency by Armour and Company (1917)
"... meat loaf,* Sliced Cold (15) meat loaf,* Heated with Brown Sauce, Horse-Radish Sauce or Tomato Sauce Peanut Biscuit (31) Salmon,* Creamed on Toast ..."
3. The Stag Cook Book: Written for Men by Men by Carroll Mac Sheridan (1922)
"... Charles P. Steinmetz meat loaf I have been consulted about very many things, but this is the first time I have been consulted on gastronomical matters. ..."
4. Annual Report by Indiana State Board of Health (1910)
"Sausage and other meat products (except meat loaf) which contains such "binder," "filler," or any form of cereal product, ..."
5. Twenty Lessons in Domestic Science: A Condensed Home Study Course...glossary by Marian Cole Fisher (1922)
"f meat loaf 1 pound uncooked beef 1 cup milk' 3 cups bread crumbs Seasoning to taste, ... Care should be taken not to overcook meat loaf as it makes it dry. ..."
6. Twenty Lessons in Domestic Science: A Condensed Home Study Course by Marian Cole Fisher (1916)
"In the absence of cider, hot water to which three tablespoons of vinegar and two finely grated apples have been added, may be substituted. ,„ _ meat loaf 1 ..."
7. Low Cost Cooking by Florence Nesbitt (1915)
"meat loaf 2 cups bread crumbs Flavor with salt and pepper 1 pound chopped ... Preparing the Meal Two hours before meal time prepare the meat loaf and put in ..."
8. Castelar Crèche Cook Book by Castelar Crèche (Los Angeles, Calif.) (1922)
"meat loaf Three pounds round steak ground with J/2 pound sausage meat; ... meat loaf Two pounds round steak, l/2 pound salt pork, ground together; ..."