Definition of Md
1. Noun. A radioactive transuranic element synthesized by bombarding einsteinium with alpha particles (Md is the current symbol for mendelevium but Mv was formerly the symbol).
2. Noun. A licensed medical practitioner. "I felt so bad I went to see my doctor"
Specialized synonyms: Abortionist, Allergist, Angiologist, Extern, Medical Extern, Gastroenterologist, General Practitioner, Gp, Hakeem, Hakim, House Physician, Resident, Resident Physician, Houseman, Intern, Interne, Medical Intern, Primary Care Physician, Quack, Medical Specialist, Specialist, Operating Surgeon, Sawbones, Surgeon, Vet, Veterinarian, Veterinary, Veterinary Surgeon
Generic synonyms: Medical Man, Medical Practitioner
Specialized synonyms: Abul-walid Mohammed Ibn-ahmad Ibn-mohammed Ibn-roshd, Averroes, Ibn-roshd, Abu Ali Al-husain Ibn Abdallah Ibn Sina, Avicenna, Ibn-sina, Barany, Robert Barany, Bartholin, Caspar Bartholin, Bruce, David Bruce, Sir David Bruce, Burrill Bernard Crohn, Crohn, Down, John L. H. Down, Christiaan Eijkman, Eijkman, Etienne-louis Arthur Fallot, Fallot, Gilbert, William Gilbert, Harvey, William Harvey, Hodgkin, Thomas Hodgkin, George Huntington, Huntington, Aletta Jacobs, Jacobs, Edward Jenner, Jenner, Harry F. Klinefelter, Harry Fitch Kleinfelter, Klinefelter, Clemence Sophia Harned Lozier, Lozier, Manson, Sir Patrick Manson, Franz Anton Mesmer, Friedrich Anton Mesmer, Mesmer, Paracelsus, Philippus Aureolus Paracelsus, Theophrastus Philippus Aureolus Bombastus Von Hohenheim, Peter Mark Roget, Roget, Ross, Sir Ronald Ross, Benjamin Rush, Rush, Albert Schweitzer, Schweitzer, Anna Howard Shaw, Shaw, Simpson, Sir James Young Simpson, English Hippocrates, Sydenham, Thomas Sydenham, E. A. Von Willebrand, Erik Adolf Von Willebrand, Erik Von Willebrand, Von Willebrand, Willebrand
Group relationships: Doctor-patient Relation
Derivative terms: Doctor, Doctorial
3. Noun. A Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies.
Generic synonyms: American State
Group relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa, Mid-atlantic States, South
Terms within: Aberdeen, Annapolis, Capital Of Maryland, Baltimore, Fort George G. Meade, Fort George Gordon Meade, Fort Meade, Frederick, Hagerstown, Chesapeake Bay, Potomac, Potomac River, Susquehanna, Susquehanna River
4. Noun. A doctor's degree in medicine.
Definition of Md
1. Abbreviation. Maryland, a state of the United States of America. ¹
2. Initialism. (American English) Symbol indicating a medical degree; medical physician or doctor. ¹
3. Initialism. (British) Symbol indicating a higher research doctorate in medicine; Doctor of Medicine ¹
4. Initialism. Managing director. ¹
5. Initialism. MiniDisc. ¹
6. Abbreviation. Maryland ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of Md
1. Abbreviation of Medicinae Doctor, Doctor of Medicine. Symbol for mendelevium. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Md Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Md
|MCK1 protein kinase|