Definition of Mainland china
1. Noun. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia; the most populous country in the world.
Geographical relationships: Acupuncture, Stylostixis, Acupressure, G-jo, Shiatsu, Chinese Revolution, Yang, Yin, Feng Shui, Chinese, Sino-tibetan, Sino-tibetan Language, Cultural Revolution, Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, Dim Sum, Fortune Cookie, Brown Sauce, Chinese Brown Sauce, Egg Foo Yong, Egg Fu Yung, Egg Roll, Spring Roll, Red Guard, Falun Gong, Hangchow, Hangzhou, Yalu, Yalu River, I. M. Pei, Ieoh Ming Pei, Pei, Cattie, Catty, Ch'i, Chi, Ki, Qi
Terms within: Chinese Wall, Great Wall, Great Wall Of China, Manchuria, Beijing, Capital Of Red China, Peiping, Peking, Chongqing, Chungking, Canton, Guangzhou, Kuangchou, Kwangchow, Gansu, Gansu Province, Kansu, Hebei, Hebei Province, Hopeh, Hopei, Hunan, Hunan Province, Sichuan, Szechuan, Szechwan, Szechwan Province, Yunnan, Yunnan Province, Luda, Luta, Dairen, Dalian, Talien, Loyang, Luoyang, Lushun, Port Arthur, Hangchow, Hangzhou, Nan-chang, Nanchang, Nan-ning, Nanning, Nanjing, Nanking, Shanghai, Fengtien, Moukden, Mukden, Shenyang, Taiyuan, Tangshan, T'ien-ching, Tianjin, Tientsin, Grand Canal, Wuhan, Changan, Hsian, Sian, Singan, Xian, Sinkiang, Xinjiang, Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, Inner Mongolia, Nei Monggol, Hong Kong, Gobi, Gobi Desert, Taklamakan Desert, Taklimakan Desert, Amur, Amur River, Heilong, Heilong Jiang, Bo Hai, Po Hai, Brahmaputra, Brahmaputra River, Gan Jiang, Kan River, Huang He, Hwang Ho, Yellow River, Kuenlun, Kuenlun Mountains, Kunlan Shan, Kunlun, Kunlun Mountains, Liaodong Bandao, Liaodong Peninsula, Mekong, Mekong River, Nan Ling, Pamir Mountains, The Pamirs, Poyang, Tien Shan, Tyan Shan, Chang, Chang Jiang, Changjiang, Yangtze, Yangtze Kiang, Yangtze River, Canton River, Chu Kiang, Pearl River, Zhu Jiang
Generic synonyms: Asian Country, Asian Nation
Group relationships: Asia
Member holonyms: Chinese
Definition of Mainland china
1. Proper noun. (informal) The area under the jursdiction of People's Republic of China, excluding Hong Kong and Macau (and, by definition, Taiwan). ¹
2. Proper noun. (&lit mainland China qualifier=also) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Mainland China Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mainland China Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mainland China
Literary usage of Mainland china
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. From the Household to the Factory: Sex Discrimination in the Guatemalan by Judith Sunderland (2002)
"FALUNGONG OUTSIDE mainland china As soon as the crackdown started in July 1999, Falungong looked for support from foreign governments and multilateral ..."
2. Beginning the Journey: China, the United States, and the Wto by Robert D. Hormats, Elizabeth Economy, Kevin Nealer (2001)
"In January 2001, a ferry connected mainland China with the outer Taiwan islands for the first time since 1949. Taipei recently adopted a new set of policies ..."
3. The Storm Clouds Clear Over China: The Memoir of Ch'en Li-fu, 1900-1993 by Li-Fu Ch'en, Hsu-hsin Chang, Ramon Hawley Myers (1994)
"We are now, once again, in a position to greatly influence mainland China. Within a twenty-five-year period, Chiang tasted the sweetness of quick victory ..."
4. State of the Nation: South Africa 20052006 by Sakhela Buhlungu (2006)
"The monks would like to reintroduce the Buddhist way of life to the new immigrants from mainland China, but have not had much success yet. ..."
5. International Migration in Asia: Trends and Policies by Oecd (2001)
"Prior to October 1980, while immigration control was maintained between mainland China and Hong Kong, a ''touch-base" policy was in place, whereby illegal ..."