Definition of Long underwear
1. Noun. An undergarment with shirt and drawers in one piece.
Long Underwear Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Long Underwear Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Long Underwear
Literary usage of Long underwear
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Never-ceasing Search by Francis Otto Schmitt (1990)
"We were fortunate enough to have bought two suits of heavy long underwear for each of us. One pair was usually being washed and hung to dry on the only ..."
2. Falling from Heights by Chris F. Needham (2007)
"... Today has been somewhat stimulating, I guess, buzzing around buying long underwear, etc, trying to get organized and ready to sail into jail by 3 PM. ..."
3. The Journal of Home Economics by American Home Economics Association (1921)
"Don't tell me you're going to wear long underwear! If you do, Mother will make me, sure. Ada. I should say so. Katherine. We really ought to, girls. ..."
4. Cycling in France by Carole Saint-Laurent (2003)
"Clothing and Accessories 3 pairs of cotton or poly- cotton socks (they dry faster) 3 pairs of cotton or poly- cotton underwear long underwear (depending on ..."
5. Adventure Guide to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands by Peter Krahenbul (2003)
"... durable waterproof jacket, a fleece (warm synthetic mid-layer), and warm underlayers (long underwear made of synthetic material, such as polypropylene). ..."
6. Planned Invasion of Japan, 1945: The Siberian Weather Advantage by Hatten Schuyler Yoder (1997)
"From fur hats to mukluks," face masks and goggles to strap-on ice prongs, head socks to foot socks, mufflers to heavy-wool long underwear, as well as an ..."
7. Nature's Strongholds: The World's Great Wildlife Reserves by Laura Riley, William Riley (2005)
"long underwear in light silk can be useful anywhere. So can a wool sweater, light windbreaker, comfortable walking shoes, and lightweight hiking boots. ..."