Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lockmaker Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lockmaker
Literary usage of Lockmaker
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Price & Leeʹs New Haven (New Haven County, Conn.) City Directory, Including by Price and Lee Company, inc, inc Price and Lee Company (1899)
"... rem to North Haven O'Farrell Lawrence, gardener 51 Elm, h 57 John Jr., bds r 271 Water John В., bds 80 Ward John K.. lockmaker, bds 69 Button John P., ..."
2. The Journal of Jurisprudence by Law Library Microform Consortium (1862)
"... JC, an infant, with the consent of L- father, put himself apprentice for seven years to TS of VT., lockmaker, hi executors and administrators, ..."
3. A Treatise on Fire & Thief-proof Depositories and Locks and Keys by of Wolverhampton George Price, George Price (1856)
"... was at last performed by Mr. Hobbs, from America, who was not a lockmaker, ... the chairman being Mr. Chubb, the lockmaker in St Paul's Churchyard. ..."
4. Hayden's Annual Cyclopedia of Insurance in the United States (1905)
"In answer to a question of the application insured stated that his present occupation was that of a " lockmaker." It was shown that insured had secured ..."
5. The Buffalo Directory (1854)
"... lockmaker, h. Walnut near Batavia. Rehm, George J. cor. Canal and Evans. Rehm, Henry, butcher, h. Niagara near Virginia. Rehmann, John, at Gas Works. ..."
6. The Book of Days: A Miscellany of Popular Antiquities in Connection with the by Robert Chambers (1832)
"The Great Exhibition of 1851 brought this subject into public notice in a singular way. An American lockmaker, Mr Hobbs, declared openly at that time that ..."