Definition of Live over
1. Verb. Experience again, often in the imagination. "He relived the horrors of war"
Live Over Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Live Over Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Live Over
Literary usage of Live over
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Science, Literature, & Art: Comprising the Definitions and by George William Cox (1867)
"4- p3v*, &c. years is equal to the probability that a life of 40 will live over 1 year, multiplied into the probability that a life of 41 will live over ..."
2. The Scrap Book (1906)
"I think, had I my life to live over again, I would make charity a life study. It is a science. ... That would be my life if I had it to live over. ..."
3. Butler and His Cavalry in the War of Secession, 1861-1865 by Ulysses Robert Brooks (1909)
"... bright names, without stain for us, The glory they won shall not wane for us, In legend and lay Our heroes in gray Shall forever live over again for us. ..."
4. The Life and Errors of John Dunton, Citizen of London: With the Lives and by John Dunton (1818)
"I shall close this First Part of my Life with a Nf:t> Ide* how I would live over again this Married State, and upon which I would dare to venture my Heaven ..."
5. The Cell Phone: An Anthropology of Communicationby Heather A. Horst, Daniel Miller by Heather A. Horst, Daniel Miller (2006)
"... indoor plumbing or latrines. It is also a term that possesses moral overtones. People who live 'over the line' are considered dirty and do ..."
6. Case Teaching in Medicine: A Series of Graduated Exercises in the by Richard Clarke Cabot (1906)
"Probably he will not live over six months, but he may live years, or die suddenly in a few days. Treatment: Rest, depletion, restriction of salt in diet; ..."