Definition of Linear accelerator
1. Noun. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
Generic synonyms: Accelerator, Atom Smasher, Particle Accelerator
Specialized synonyms: Microwave Linear Accelerator
Medical Definition of Linear accelerator
Linear Accelerator Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Linear Accelerator Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Linear Accelerator
Literary usage of Linear accelerator
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Utilisation and Reliability of High Power Proton Accelerators: Workshop by NEA Nuclear Science Committee (2001)
"... COLLABORATION ON THE SC linear accelerator FOR ADS Carlo Pagan! INFN Milano-LASA and University of Milano Via Fratelli Cervi, 201,1-20090 Segrate (MI), ..."
2. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"1732 Stanford linear accelerator Center Department of Energy PO Box 4349, Stanford, CA 94309 Contact: Dr. Rainer Pitthan Phone: (415) 926-3467 The center ..."
3. The Small Business Innovation Research Program: The First Decade (1993)
"2 MeV proton accelerator, ion source and ion injector electronics delivered to Loma Linda University Hospital for use in the injector linear accelerator to ..."
4. Turn of the Century: 2100 by Charlie Pedersen (2007)
"SLAC Stanford linear accelerator Center. Palo Alto, California. The Stanford linear accelerator Center (SLAC) is a US National Laboratory operated by ..."