Definition of Lilium lancifolium
1. Noun. East Asian perennial having large reddish-orange black-spotted flowers with reflexed petals.
Lilium Lancifolium Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lilium Lancifolium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lilium Lancifolium
Literary usage of Lilium lancifolium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Paxton's Magazine of Botany, and Register of Flowering Plants by Sir Joseph Paxton (1838)
"... with large orange-coloured anthers. Style longer and stronger than the stana-ns, inclining upwards towards the extremity. SYNONYMS.—lilium lancifolium ..."
2. American Gardening (1895)
"PURE WHITE JAPAN LANCE LILY (lilium lancifolium album). Same as Red Japan Lily in all respects except color. Large Bulbs, 7 to g Inches in circumference, ..."
3. Oliver Optic's Magazine by Oliver Optic (1875)
"lilium lancifolium album, white. lilium lancifolium rubrum, white and red, spotted. lilium lancifolium roseum, spotted with rose color. ..."
4. Every Woman Her Own Flower Gardener: A Handy Manual of Flower Gardening for by Sophia Orne Johnson (1874)
"lilium lancifolium album has pure white flowers; sometimes the lower part of ... lilium lancifolium punctatum has flowers of a flesh color, with spots of ..."
5. Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society.: Horticultural Hall by Massachusetts Horticultural Society, W.D. Ticknor & Co, James Englebert Teschemacher (1885)
"Gratuities:— Edwin Sheppard, Collection of Asters, $1 CO Marshall B. Faxon, Asters, 1 00 James O'Brien, " 1 00 Herbert Gleason, lilium lancifolium, ..."
6. Proceedings of the Horticultural Society of London by Horticultural Society of London (1861)
"Turner, Slough, for a collection of lilium lancifolium rubrum, 11.; W. Cutbush k Son, Highgate, N., for a collection of lilium lancifolium, 11. ..."