Definition of Lewis carroll
1. Noun. English author; Charles Dodgson was an Oxford don of mathematics who is remembered for the children's stories he wrote under the pen name Lewis Carroll (1832-1898).
Generic synonyms: Author, Writer
Lewis Carroll Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lewis Carroll Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lewis Carroll
Literary usage of Lewis carroll
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Book Prices Current (1921)
"Dodgson (CL "lewis carroll"). Series of 80 ALS [including 3 or 4 post cards, with many envelopes] from lewis carroll to Miss E. Gertrude Thomson. ..."
2. The Overland Monthly by Bret Harte (1869)
"By lewis carroll. With forty-two illustrations by John Tenniel. ... Who the author, lewis carroll, may be, we have no means of knowing. ..."
3. Library of Literary Criticism of English and American Authors by Charles Wells Moulton (1910)
"lewis carroll was different. His mind and life were so simple and open that there was no room in them for self-consciousness, and I have often heard him ..."
4. Library of the World's Best Literature: Ancient and Modern by Edward Cornelius Towne (1898)
"... by lewis carroll (Charles L. Dodgson). ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND.—Alice, a bright well-behaved little girl, quite normal in every way, ..."
5. A Parody Anthology by Carolyn Wells (1904)
"How cheerfully he seems to grin, How neatly spreads his claws, And welcomes little fishes in, With gently smiling jaws ! lewis carroll. ..."
6. The Book of Humorous Verse by Carolyn Wells (1920)
"He thought he saw a Buffalo Upon the chimney-piece: He looked again, and found it was lewis carroll. His Sister's Husband's Niece. ..."
7. Children's Literature: A Textbook of Sources for Teachers and Teacher by Charles Madison Curry (1921)
"lewis carroll was the pseudonym of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (1832- 1898), ... THE WALRUS AND THE CARPENTER "lewis carroll" The sun was shining on the sea, ..."