2. Adjective. (not comparable) Characterized by, or concerning, leukopenia. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Leukopenic
Medical Definition of Leukopenic
1. Pertaining to leukopenia. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Leukopenic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leukopenic
Literary usage of Leukopenic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1919)
"Accompanying these there are nucleated reds and myelocytes. The authors believe that during the leukopenic stage ..."
2. Folia Haematologica: Internationales Magazin für klinische und (1908)
"... und leukopenic. Deutsch, mcd. Woch. 1908, Nr. 15. In dem mitgeteilten Falle spielte sich von Anfang un und zwar anscheinend noch bevor ein ..."
3. International Medical and Surgical Surveyby American Institute of Medicine by American Institute of Medicine (1922)
"... the anesthetic to disappear, which required from an hour to an hour and a quarter. Five to 6 mg. per kilo body-weight sufficed to induce the leukopenic ..."
4. Progressive Medicine by Hobart Amory Hare (1907)
"Another possibility in cases of chronic leukemia is the development of acute leukemia even in the leukopenic stage. ..."
5. Principles and Practice of Physical Diagnosis by John C. Da Costa (1919)
"... can scarcely prove a source of serious confusion, in the face of its distinctive hematologic picture—leukopenic mononucleosis, free pigment, ..."
6. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"... during the early leukopenic stage. The neutrophils usually contain dark, " toxic ", neutrophil granules and sometimes, vacuoles in the cytoplasm, ..."