Definition of Lesser duckweed
1. Noun. Of temperate regions except eastern Asia and Australia.
Generic synonyms: Duckweed
Group relationships: Genus Lemna, Lemna
Lesser Duckweed Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lesser Duckweed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lesser Duckweed
Literary usage of Lesser duckweed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. My Garden, Its Plan and Culture Together with a General Description of Its by Alfred Smee (1872)
"lesser duckweed. Those weeds already described, taken together, form a choice flower- garden of themselves, ay, and contain species of greater beauty and of ..."
2. Report: New York by Otis Stuart (1904)
"L. minor L. lesser duckweed. Th. Ponds Blossoms occasionally in June. Common. 609. L. perpusilla Torr. Minute Duckweed. Detroit River, DH Campbell; ..."
3. Botany of the United States North of Virginia: Comprising Descriptions of by Lewis Caleb Beck (1848)
"fronds nearly ovate, compressed; root solitary. Stagnant waters. NY to Car. June, July. (T).—Fronds a line and a half lesser duckweed. 3. L. gibba Linn. ..."
4. Michigan Flora: A List of the Fern and Seed Plants Growing Without Cultivation by William James Beal (1904)
"Greater Duckweed. Ponds. Common. LEMNA L. Duckweed. Duck's-meat. *608. L. minor L. lesser duckweed. Th. Ponds Blossoms occasionally in June. Common. 609. ..."