Definition of Lending library
1. Noun. Library that provides books for use outside the building.
Lending Library Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lending Library Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lending Library
Literary usage of Lending library
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Library by Bibliographical Society (Great Britain)., Library Association (1907)
"... of the Association, is entitled to the free use of the lending library maintained by the Association, and to attend its monthly and annual meetings. ..."
2. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association, Richard Rogers Bowker, Charles Ammi Cutter (1908)
"That the function of a public lending library is to provide good literature ... That every public lending library should be amply supplied with fiction that ..."
3. The Library by Bibliographical Society (Great Britain)., Library Association (1895)
"Catalogue of Books in the Juvenile Department of the lending library [as above]. Roy. 8vo. 1894. Pp- 5^- Price 3d. In turning over the pages of these we are ..."
4. Manual of Library Economy by James Duff Brown, William Charles Berwick Sayers (1920)
"A good plan in open access libraries is to give the reference reader a pass admitting him to consult the lending library catalogues or shelves, ..."
5. Side-lights on Maryland History: With Sketches of Early Maryland Families by Hester Dorsey Richardson (1913)
"... but that there still exist in our State several hundreds of these books which composed the first lending library in America. In St. John's College, ..."
6. The Library Association Record by Library Association (1906)
"•I The Library Association Record. by the lending library type of mind. ... This was all a lending library view and had completely obscured from the ..."
7. American Journal of Education by Barnard (1882)
"It is a lending library only to members of Congress and government officials, but is free for ... It is not a lending library, but is open for consultation, ..."