Definition of Legal expert
1. Noun. A legal scholar versed in civil law or the law of nations.
Category relationships: Jurisprudence, Law
Generic synonyms: Expert
Specialized synonyms: Mufti
Specialized synonyms: Bentham, Jeremy Bentham, Grotius, Hugo Grotius, Huig De Groot, Holmes, Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., John Marshall, Marshall, Harlan Fiske Stone, Stone
Derivative terms: Jurisprudence, Jurisprudence
Legal Expert Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Legal Expert Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Legal Expert
Literary usage of Legal expert
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Injuries to the eye in their medico-legal aspect by Sosthène Baudry, Charles Augustus Oliver, Charles Sinkler (1900)
"MEDICO-legal expert TESTIMONY. Translated, rewritten, and adapted to the Courts of the United States of America by CHARLES SINKI. ..."
2. Proceedings of the ... Annual Meeting of the Michigan State Bar Association by Michigan State Bar Association, Michigan State Bar Association Meeting (1903)
"To the State Bar Association: The Special Committee on legal expert Evidence begs ... The question of legal expert testimony has been the subject of much ..."
3. The Principles of Anthropology and Sociology in Their Relations to Criminal by Maurice Parmelee (1908)
"To accomplish this it will be necessary to make the profession of medico-legal expert a regular career with a salary sufficient to attract ..."
4. Criminology by Maurice Parmelee (1918)
"So that the medico-legal expert, while testifying about a purely medical matter, ... The reply to the first question, as to how a medico-legal expert is to ..."
5. American Medical Quarterly (1900)
"To American readers the concluding chapter, by Charles Sinkler, Esq., of the Philadelphia bar, on " medico- legal expert testimony," is of special interest. ..."
6. Saint Louis Medical and Surgical Journal (1900)
"This is a book which cannot but find a place in the library of every medico-legal expert, and it is one which every oculist should read with care, ..."