Definition of Lawns
1. Noun. (plural of lawn) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Lawns
1. lawn [n] - See also: lawn
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lawns Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lawns
lawns (current term)
laws of war
Literary usage of Lawns
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by Detroit (Mich.). City Council, Prince Edward Island. Legislative Council (1901)
"General- Including construction of roads, walks, lawns, drainage, tiling, trees, shrubs and to connect Palmer Park sewer >with Highland Park sewer, ..."
2. Farm and Garden Rule-book: A Manual of Ready Rules and Reference with by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1911)
"All poor spots in lawns should be repaired in this manner every year. The use of fresh and coarse stable manure on lawns should be discouraged, both because ..."
3. The English Flower Garden and Home Grounds: Design and Arrangement Shown by by William Robinson (1907)
"lawns AND PLAYGROUNDS. THE lawn is the heart of the true British garden, ... And lovely gardens may be made around lawns without marring the breadth and ..."
4. Landscape Gardening by Andrew Jackson Downing, Frank Albert Waugh (1921)
"CHAPTER XXIX TREATMENT OF lawns* AS a lawn is the ground-work of a ... The unrivalled beauty of the "velvet lawns" of England has passed into a proverb. ..."
5. The Culture of Vegetables and Flowers from Seeds and Roots by Sutton & Sons (1908)
"lawns AND TENNIS GROUNDS FROM SEED A SMOOTH and verdant lawn is a constant ... lawns also contribute to healthy recreation in the popular games of tennis, ..."
6. A History of the National Capital from Its Foundation Through the Period of by Wilhelmus Bogart Bryan (1916)
"not only abundant but cheap, and the houses of the day were not cramped for building space.1 The cultivated gardens and lawns about the houses in Washington ..."