Definition of Law enforcement agency
1. Noun. An agency responsible for insuring obedience to the laws.
Generic synonyms: Agency, Authority, Bureau, Federal Agency, Government Agency, Office
Law Enforcement Agency Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Law Enforcement Agency Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Law Enforcement Agency
Literary usage of Law enforcement agency
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Developing a Law Enforcement Stress Program for Officers and Their Families by Peter Finn, Julie E. Tomz (1998)
"Organizational Relationship of the Program to the law enforcement agency There are three basic options for organizational relationships between a stress ..."
2. Law Enforcement Management & Administrative Statistics, 1993: Data for by Brian A. Reaves (1995)
"The volume does include the 49 primary State police agencies operating in each State except Hawaii, which has no State-level law enforcement agency. ..."
3. Preventing Gang & Drug Related Witness Intimidation by Peter Finn (1996)
"In those cases where a law enforcement agency believes that the return of the firearm, ammunition, or deadly weapon confiscated pursuant to this subdivision ..."
4. Multijurisdictional Drug Law Enforcement Strategies: Reducing Supply And Demand (1993)
"The named personnel shall participate jointly with the federal law enforcement agency(ies) in investigations as needed to effect prosecution before the ..."