Definition of Land agent
1. Noun. A person who is authorized to act as an agent for the sale of land. "In England they call a real estate agent a land agent"
Generic synonyms: Agent, Broker, Factor
Specialized synonyms: Realtor
2. Noun. A person who administers a landed estate.
Generic synonyms: Administrator, Decision Maker
Land Agent Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Land Agent Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Land Agent
Literary usage of Land agent
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by Bond & Share Society, New Hampshire Dental Society, American Wine Society, Manning Valley Historical Society (1908)
"Henry Eeles, Philosopher and land agent. (Continued from Vol. XIII., page 72). BY WILLIAM HENRY GRATTAN FLOOD, Mus. Doc. ..."
2. The American Settler's Guide: A Popular Exposition of the Public Land System by Henry Norris Copp (1886)
"J. Ham Harris, land agent of University, San Francisco, PO box 2040. ... Captain John Mullan, State land agent and Attorney, Washington, DC C B. Carlisle, ..."
3. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1889)
"In December, 1881, he filed his application to purchase with the land agent; but no immediate action appears to have been taken thereon. ..."
4. Looters of the Public Domain by Stephen A. Douglas Puter, Horace Stevens (1908)
"cartoonist), was named as State land agent. He was one of the early settlers of Oregon, had occupied many prominent positions of trust, ..."