Definition of Ladder truck
1. Noun. A fire engine carrying ladders.
Ladder Truck Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ladder Truck Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ladder Truck
Literary usage of Ladder truck
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Insurance Year Book by Spectator insurance yearbook (1894)
"Flre department— 1 hook and ladder truck, 2 hose carriages, 2 hose wagons; hose, cotton good 1000 ft; value of flre department equipment $2500; ..."
2. The Insurance Year Book by Spectator insurance yearbook (1889)
"Lincoln, Logan Co., population "7500; buildings, brick and frame, 2 and 3 stories; department consists of i hook and ladder truck, I hose carnage, ..."
3. The New International Encyclopaedia by Herbert Treadwell Wade (1922)
"The horses now have been supplanted by some form of motor mechanism, either as a tractor or applied directly to each of the wheels of the ladder truck. ..."
4. The Insurance Cyclopeadia: Being a Dictionary of the Definitions of Terms by Cornelius Walford (1871)
"Of this class of brigade machines the Skinner Hook and ladder truck and F. Escape ... It consists of a hook and ladder truck, with F. escape attached, ..."