Definition of Kiribati
1. Noun. An island republic in the west central Pacific just to the south of the equator.
Generic synonyms: Country, Land, State
Group relationships: Federated States Of Micronesia, Micronesia, Tt
Terms within: Gilbert Islands, Bairiki, Tarawa
Definition of Kiribati
1. Proper noun. Country in Oceania. Official name in English: Republic of Kiribati. ¹
2. Proper noun. The Micronesian language spoken in Kiribati, also known as Gilbertese. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kiribati Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kiribati
Literary usage of Kiribati
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Religious Freedom (2000): Report to Congress by the Department edited by Barbara Larkin (2001)
"kiribati There was no change in the status of respect for religious freedom during the ... Major religions include: the Roman Catholic Church; the kiribati ..."
2. Landmine Monitor Report 1999: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines (1999)
"kiribati is an independent republic with no regular military force. It is not believed to have ever produced, transferred, stockpiled or used antipersonnel ..."
3. Landmine Monitor Report 2000: Toward a Mine-Free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (2000)
"kiribati kiribati has not yet acceded to the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty. kiribati is now a member of the United Nations having been formally accepted on 14 ..."
4. Landmine Monitor Report 2002: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Landmines, Human Rights Watch (Organization). (2002)
"kiribati Key developments since May 2000: kiribati acceded to the Mine Ban Treaty on 7 September 2000. kiribati acceded to the Mine Ban Treaty on 7 ..."
5. Geographical Distribution of Financial Flows to Aid Recipients 1999-2003 by OECD Staff, Development Assistance Committee, SourceOECD (Online service) (2005)
"... ASIA TOTAL OCEANIA Cook Islands Fill French Polynesia kiribati Marshall Islands Micronesia. ... kiribati ..."
6. Regional Workshop on Solar Power Generation Using Photovoltaic Technology (1999)
"The kiribati people are Micronesian with some resident Polynesians and Europeans. The level of literacy exceeds 90% and the 1990 GDP was estimated at US$525 ..."