Definition of Kerosene heater
1. Noun. Heater that burns oil (as kerosine) for heating or cooking.
Kerosene Heater Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kerosene Heater Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kerosene Heater
Literary usage of Kerosene heater
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Air Quality Criteria for Oxides of Nitrogenby Dennis J. Kotchmar by Dennis J. Kotchmar (1996)
"The findings indicate that the greater the number of sources, the higher the average concentrations of NO2- Homes with one kerosene heater and no gas ..."
2. Biennial Report by North Dakota State Board of Health (1908)
"The ordinary kerosene heater is an abomination, and should not be tolerated under any circumstances as all of the poisonous products of combustion are ..."
3. Household Engineering: Scientific Management in the Home by Christine Frederick, American School of Home Economics (1919)
"For homes without gas, and where it is not desired to use coal, the kerosene heater may be adequate. The best model on the market costing $12.00 has a ..."
4. 57 Ways to Protect Your Home Environment (& Yourself) by Rick Weinzierl (1999)
"For instance, if you disregard kerosene heater instructions by setting the burner to produce a very high or very low flame, the heater may produce ..."