Definition of John rock
1. Noun. United States gynecologist and devout Catholic who conducted the first clinical trials of the oral contraceptive pill (1890-1984).
John Rock Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: John Rock Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of John Rock
Literary usage of John rock
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1866)
"METCALF, J. Shares in the stock of the Eastern Railroad Company were conveyed to the plaintiff, in due form, by john rock, but the conveyance thereof was ..."
2. The California Fruits and how to Grow Them by Edward James Wickson (1914)
"Imported by john rock from France; ovate, slightly oblique, looks a good deal like a small Mission olive; pit straight, pointed; ripens three to four weeks ..."
3. Transactions of the American Horticultural Society by American Horticultural Society, Mississippi Valley Horticultural Society (1885)
"10 Best collection of Fig Trees, not less than 12 varieties, john rock, San Jose, ... San Jose, Cal 15 Best single Fig Tree, john rock, San Jose, ..."
4. Calendar of the Quarter Sessions Papers by John William Willis Bund, Worcestershire Historical Society (1900)
"... of Stourbridge Labourer and for his keeping the peace towards john rock. XVII. 38. 50. ii April 1607. Recognizance before George Wylde by Peter Lench ..."
5. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1905)
"The following resolution, concerning the death of john rock, was also read, and a motion was made for its adoption, which was duly seconded and carried: ..."